This week while travelling to Atlanta I had the chance to attend High Tea at Tipple and Rose Tea Parlor and Apothecary in the Virginia Highlands area. It was such a wonderful way to spend an afternoon with girlfriends! I’ve tried high tea services at several different hotels and restaurants around the country, and I highly recommend this activity if you’re looking for fun ways to treat yourself or a loved one during the holiday season. Our experience at Tipple and Rose was particularly special because this little tea parlor has a wonderful charm to it and is dedicated solely to the love of tea and local products. So lovely!
According to Tipple & Rose, High Tea is a mid-day meal and ritual that has been around since the 19th century, originating in Britain and including tea, savories, scones, sweets and a digestiv. We chose a 4pm vegan tea service that included three tiers of tea sandwiches (I loved the Vegan Tofu Salad and Cucumber Coconut Curry Hummus), “Fruit Cake” scones and two different cakes (Raspberry Mousse and Vegan Cocunut!).To enhance the scones, we also had house made fig jam and vegan clotted cream. All of this was accompanied by our choices of Pumpkin and Hibiscus teas, served on beautiful china and finished with locally made sorbet and kombucha. The full service – including plenty of chatting – took about 90 minutes.
The interior of Tipple and Rose is beautifully laid out and appointed with antique furniture and decor, as well as charmingly displayed teas and small gifts. The ambience is light and airy, and the service was friendly. I loved spending time here – what a truly a perfect afternoon!
Want to try your own Tipple & Rose High Tea experience? Here are the details you need to know:
- High Tea is $25 + tax per person; add $5 per person for vegan or gluten-free tea
- Reservations for 4 or less require 24 hours advance notice, and those for more than 4 require 48 hours. This is because they make everything fresh specifically for your tea!
- Tipple and Rose is located at 806 North Highland Ave NE; Atlanta, GA 30306
- Call (678) 705-7995 or email email@example.com to make reservations.
- Check out their full menu here, and find all other information here on the Tipple & Rose Facebook page
For those of you in other cities or parts of Atlanta, I recommend exploring high-end hotels in your area because many offer tea services. Other high teas I’ve tried include:
- New York: The Peninsula
- Chicago: The Langham Hotel and The Drake
- Orlando/Disney World: Garden View Tea Room, Grand Floridian Hotel