Welcome to a new series on Belle Meets World! On as many Fridays as possible, I plan to share five things that I liked or discovered this week – articles, books I’m reading, podcasts I loved, Atlanta events to do, upcoming Belle Meets World fun stuff to know about, purchases I’ve made or trends I want to try, beauty products rocking my world, etc.
It will be a simple list of things you might find interesting, too. So, here we go with Five Things on Friday, Vol. 1!
1. Podcast – The Rich Roll Podcast, Interview with Jesse Itzler – Episode 197. My sister recommended this episode to me because we’d been recently talking about food and fitness. Jesse Itzler is the husband of Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX and female billionaire. He himself is an entrepreneur and recently wrote a book about the month he had a Navy Seal live in their home. It’s pretty fascinating, and he also talked about eating only fruit before noon for energy & clarity. It inspired me to give the fruit-eating a try myself!
Image via Rich Roll
2. Book – You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. I’ve read this once before, but I was in a super-depressed mood with little motivation to change my life at the time. I’ve since had a few people tell me they really liked it, so I’m giving it another go now that I’m on a mental up-swing. The premise is ‘How to stop doubting your greatness and start living and awesome life.’ Self-help books can be tricky, but I like that it’s written by a woman who is very direct and focused on self-love. Have you read this?
Image via Jen Sincero
3. Atlanta to-do list – Shoes: Pleasure and Pain exhibit at SCAD FASH museum. I’ve been wanting to see this all summer and have been putting it off and off and off. We are entering the last two weeks of the exhibit, so I’m determined to get there with my sister and make a day of it. SCAD FASH exhibits are always perfectly polished and thoughtfully curated. If you are looking for something fun and stylish to do in Atlanta, get on this! It ends Sunday, August 13th.
Image via: scadfash.org
4. Latest purchase – Jeffrey Campbell Viola Sandals. Does one even need to ask how I could resist these? They are covered in gems that look like flowers and are so over the top, I just can’t even handle the fabulousness. When I showed them to one of my besties she said, there couldn’t be a more Elise shoe out there. Keep an eye out for their blog debut in the next month or so. And if you cannot resist them and absolutely must have them for yourself, too, here’s a link. Many of the reviews on Nordstrom.com complained they ran small, but I chose my normal size 7 and they fit perfectly (but no extra room).
Image via Jildor Shoes
5. Luxe makeup I’m loving – Marc Jacobs. This line is available at most high-end department stores and at Sephora, and I can’t get enough. I’ve now tried an eyeliner, a lipstick and these eyeshadows (recently given to me by Marc Jacobs and Influenster complimentary to try and review across my blog and social channels). I love it all, but the price point is a bit high so consider this a splurge. The Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow palette in particular is a new product. The one I chose is Glambition, and the colors are great neutrals (second one from bottom) for work , weekend, a night out or even a wedding.
Image via Marc Jacobs
P.S. A giveaway is coming to the blog next week! I’m teaming up with a couple other Atlanta bloggers to show our readers some love and a chance to win a prize. Stay tuned!