Happy Holidays from Belle Meets World! I’m writing to thank you all for reading this year and for following along on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest too. I appreciate each and every one of you and love having you as part of my life and being a part of yours.
In the New Year, I plan to bring video content to the blog focused on simple makeup and easy hair tutorials. I’ll still be mixing in some style too, of course, but my real expertise is in hair and makeup! Did you know I went to beauty school? Here are some other fun facts about me you may not know!
Over the past year in 2017, I finally started to hone in on my content and got over a major hump and love/hate relationship with the blog. Now it’s just love. Here are some of my favorite posts and highglights from this year:
- Our San Miguel de Allende Wedding – Our big Mexican blow-out bash. No, I didn’t wear white for my wedding!
- Our City Hall Wedding – Our small and intimate courthouse wedding. We had to make it official!
- My Me Too Story – A raw testimony about my own personal journey with sexual harassment.
- Changing My Life – A post about admitting that I needed to make some major shifts in the way I do life.
- Ultimate Guide to Better Beauty Sleep – Every single possible thing you could try to sleep better!
- Loose Waves Hair Tutorial – I get asked all the time how I do my hair, so this is it!
- That Time the Dress Didn’t Fit – Getting real about how an item sometimes just doesn’t work for you.
- Finding My Power Silhouette – Every woman should know what fits her best and makes her feel most confident!
I hope your day today is spent with friends and family and that you get some time to rest and relax! Much LOVE to you all!
And now a little note on New Year’s Eve style. I’m a 35 year old woman, and tight short sparkly dresses are a thing of the past for me. There’s plenty of sexiness and power in dressing in a classy way for NYE! For me this means trousers and body-flattering dresses.
My favorite classy items on the racks so far this holiday season for NYE are sparkly pants. These are from LOFT (and on super-sale), and I’ve also seen sequined trousers and joggers everywhere, so this trend is in full effect. Tuck a cute striped tee or a sequined tank into them, throw on some strappy sandals and some statement earrings, and you’re done. Throw some confetti in the air and Happy New Year, you filthy animal!
Sparkle Pants: LOFT // Faux-Suede Sandals: Target (for real!) //LOVE Scarf: H&M // LOVE tee: H&M (can’t find online, but similar here) // Phone case: H&M(can’t find online, but similar here) Who doesn’t love an outfit under $100?
All photos by Morgan Hayes Photography
GIVEAWAY WINNER: Congratulations to Grace Yen for winning the deluxe beauty box! And thank you so much to all who entered!