Happy Monday!! Is anyone else digging on this lemon print trend? It’s pretty fun, but I wasn’t interested in fully committing to a dress or a top covered in lemons. I love the way it looks but I don’t think I’ll get a ton of wear out of it beyond this season.
The way I prefer to explore big style trends is in small doses that have staying power or that don’t cost too much. A little neck scarf and a coin purse are the perfect way to make lemonade out of these lemons – low commitment and low cost. Same for the rick rack trend – just a bit on the hem of my skirt rather than a dress covered in it.
As you might’ve read in my post last week, we got the news that we have to move and it’s been pretty upsetting. I had a week to be sad and I worked hard to add positivity to those days. Now it’s time to move on, literally.
The thing I know that pulls me out of a funk is to set goals for the week ahead. Then I have something to strive for and to look forward to. Here are a few of mine this week to get you thinking about what yours might be, too.
- Exercise: 3 barre, 2 yoga, 1 cardio. I scheduled my classes on the Exhale app for every day this week already so I have these appointments in my calendar as sacred.
- Go into the office each day: I concentrate better when I work in my office, rather than at home. My gym is in my office building so the classes I scheduled are all at that location to ensure I stick to both.
- Plan and pack my outfits in advance: this is a great way to bring control into life. When I lay out and pack my work(out) clothes the night before, I cut down on morning get-out-the door stress.
- Treat Evan kindly: it’s easy to get snippy with each other in the middle of a big shake-up like a move. But we are the only ones who can help each other move forward! This week is extra smiles, hugs, and I love yous. Sure it’s cheesy but it will help.
- Make plans with friends: to bring a little lightness into life and to talk about something other than moving!
- Approach challenges with practicality: it’s so easy to get emotional, but we have a lot on our plates right now (hello, wedding planning!), so the apartment hunting and moving has got to be based on what we can handle realistically. No more sadness, just a list of steps we’ve gotta take to push it forward.
If you’re feeling a little nervous about the week ahead, try setting a few aspirational yet reachable tasks. You’ll give yourself drive and direction each day!
Scarf: J.Crew Lemon Print // Coin Purse: J.Crew Leather Lemon // Top: J.Crew Green Ruffle Cold Shoulder // Skirt: J.Crew Navy Linen Pencil with Rick Rack Trim // Bag: Cult Gaia Ark Bag in Dark Stain // Sunglasses (similar): Target Over-sized Circle Frames // Shoes: Madewell Pom Pom Block Heels // Earrings: J.Crew Carnations