I chose this top off the rack at a resale shop in LA because the color stuck out to me for fall. Wearing a full leather piece was a risky move for a traditional work environment like mine, so I knew I had make this look as professional as possible if I was going to wear it to the office.
Photo Credit: Joni Kat Anderson Photographics
WHAT I WORE:
- Blue Leather Peplum Top: (Bailey 44, purchased at Wasteland)
- Black Patent Leather Belt: (Muse)
- Black Pencil Skirt: (Banana Republic)
- Black Pumps: (Guess, purchased at Nordstrom Rack)
- Black Studded Leather Handbag: (Karen Millen)
WHY I WORE IT:
Some people think the peplum trend should be retired, but I’m not ready to give it up quite yet. I think it is a really great cut and design for corporate style, so I’ll keep wearing it this season.
- This top has a black cloth panel on the back, so a black belt, skirt, bag and pumps were my first choice to tie the blue and black together, as well as to add a bit of that professional vibe I mentioned to the top.
- Since I have big hips, I always choose a pencil skirt or slim bottoms when I wear a peplum top in order to draw the line of the slim bodice down beyond the fluffy waist band and on to the rest of my legs, which are a bit slimmer.
- I kept with silver hardware in my earrings, the bag, the belt and sunglasses because the zipper on the back of the top was silver and quite prominent – I pay attention to those things!
- I chose to pull my hair back and to wear red lipstick in order to add more polish to this punky piece.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: