Happy September! It’s time to look forward to the trends of fall, and one that I’m so in love with is the kimono. I found this authentic, vintage kimono for only $40 in LA, and I know I’ll wear it all season long!
Photo Credit: Joni Kat Anderson Photographics
WHAT I WORE:
- Vintage Kimono: (purchased at Wasteland LA)
- White Tank Top: (H&M)
- Ombre, Skinny Waxed Jeans: (Levi’s)
- Black Studded Pumps: (Boutique 9 by Nine West, purchased on Gilt)
- Black Studded Handbag: (Karen Millen)
WHY I WORE IT:
- This statement piece is so distinct and beautiful, I wanted to provide the most simple canvas for it, so the skinny jeans and tight white tank were a quick and easy choice.
- They also took away any additional bulk around my body, which was important given that this piece could easily look bulky if not paired with the right silhouette.
- The black pumps added length to the look, as well. I chose the studded ones plus the matching black studded handbag to add a little edge.
- I also pulled my hair back and wore simple jewelry to make sure that all attention was on the kimono and nothing else.
Another way I’ll wear this when the weather turns cool is with a little black dress, tights and boots. It’ll be a great alternative to a jacket!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: