Whenever I put on this dress, I feel like I’m straight out of Austin Powers. The length and floral print are so retro, and for $40 at one of my favorite resale shops, well, let’s just say it’s the perfect dress to wear on the last day of August!
Photo Credits: Joni Kat Anderson Photographics
WHAT I WORE:
- Silk Floral 3/4 Sleeve Dress w Cut-Out Back: (Tibi, purchased at Crossroads Trading Co.)
- Pearl-Colored Thick-Heeled Sandals: (Kelsi Dagger, purchased on Gilt)
- Pearl Strands: (my own)
WHY I WORE IT:
This outfit is very straightforward, since the dress needs speak for itself given the high hem and the bright floral print.
- I grabbed the pearl-colored, thick-heeled sandals because the color called on the cream flecks in the dress but also because they are very retro and 60s, and I really wanted to play up that vibe.
- The pearl necklaces made sense for similar reasons – they matched the shoes and the dress and also had a 60s vibe, especially since they were actually from the 60s (I inherited them from my aunt)!
- I pulled my hair up to add height to my body and length to the look. Given how muscular my legs are and how short the dress was, I needed all the vertical line assistance I could get!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: