I stalked this dress at Top Shop until it went on super-sale…for $30! Why? Because it reminds me of one of my all time favorite Sex and the CIty, Carrie Bradshaw outfits – I had to have it so I could recreate the moment for myself.
WHAT I WORE:
- Pink Satin Full Skirt Dress w Open-Backed Bodice: (Top Shop)
- Jeweled Belt: (LOFT)
- Jeweled Headband: (Club Monaco)
- Black Patent Mary Jane Pumps: (Maiden Lane, purchased on Gilt)
- Black Crocodile-Embossed Leather Clutch: (Banana Republic)
- Pink Stud Earrings: (my own)
- Pink Lipstick: (PLA Beauty Jumbo Color Stick in Cordial)
WHY I WORE IT:
We were heading to a fancy dinner and theatre show last night, so we decided to go all out and get dressed up.
- I originally tried the dress on without a belt, but as I started to inspect the waistline, I realized there was a thick panel there that could support a belt.
- I chose the black belt to break up all that pink and to add some glamour with the jewels.
- The black jeweled headband and black patent pumps matched the belt and also provided ‘bookends’ for the look on the top and the bottom.
- I chose pink stud earrings both to match the dress and because I don’t like to wear giant earrings if I already have a hair accessory on.
- I did not wear any other jewelry given that my headband and belt were embellished and because there was such a sheen to the dress. I just didn’t need it.
- The finishing touch was my matching pink lipstick!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: