This top and scarf were among my amazing resale scores from my recent trip to LA. Given how many fancy pink items that have made their way into my closet lately, I knew I wanted to add a couple pieces that could be worn casually, as well.
WHAT I WORE:
- Sheer Patchwork Sleeveless Button-Down Top: (Gypsy Junkies, purchased at Wasteland, Los Angeles)
- Ombre Waxed Jeans: (Levis)
- Pink Floral Pumps: (Banana Republic)
- Pink Geometric-Print Scarf: (Mara Hoffman, purchased at Crossroads Trading Co.)
- Black Leather Bucket Bag with Silver Hardware: (Karen Millen)
- Silver-Rimmed Aviator Sunglasses: (Timberland, purchased at Nordstrom Rack)
WHY I WORE IT:
- Given the geometric paneling on this top, I snatched up this scarf in order to play off the shapes and color.
- The white tank provided the right background for the sheer top and also called back to the white on the scarf, and the shoes.
- As I’ve said before, I love mixing patterns as long as the color palette is the same, so the pink floral pumps were an easy (albeit slightly overkill!) choice.
- The black handbag with silver hardware was intended to pick up the black in the pumps but also to match my sunglasses and to add a little edge to the uber-pinkness of the look.
- And finally, I always equate jeans with casual, so I grabbed these without giving much thought to another option.
- Next time, I think I’ll go with a skinny black pant to keep the focus on the patterns and to slim the line of my legs.
Photo Credit: Joni Kat Anderson Photographics
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: