This dress – another one of the pieces I snagged from the Altuzarra for Target collection! I think it’s professional enough to wear to work but sassy enough to take to night with a great set of accessories and the simple addition of a leather jacket.
WHAT I WORE:
- Oxford Shirt and Snakeskin Dress: (Altuzarra for Target) – ON SALE!!
- Thin Black Belt with Bow: (Tatyana)
- Black Cross-body Bag: (Foley + Corinna, purchased on Gilt)
- Black Lace-up Booties: (Altuzarra for Target) – ON SALE!!
- Black Leather Jacket: (Genarra, purchased at Crossroads Trading Co.)
- Gold and Black Pave Drop Earrings: (Giles and Brother, purchased on Gilt)
- Brown Tortoise Shell Glasses: (Robert Marc)
WHY I WORE IT:
This dress has one of my favorite color combinations – light blue and brown. Normally I would probably look for shoes and accessories in a brown color palette to match the skirt, but I could only find a black belt in my closet to fit the belt loops at the part of my waist where they fall on this piece. Once I saw the contrast of the black with the lighter colors of the dress, though, I really liked it! From that point, the accessories choices were pretty simple to bring this look to life.
- The dress has a gold zipper up the side, so I knew I’d choose all of the accouterments to have gold hardware that matched.
- This led me right to the black booties with a gold buckle, the black purse with the gold studs and the leather jacket with the gold zipper.
- These choices are a little bit too edgy for work, but putting my hair up and adding the glasses brought it back to a professional level.
- The leather jacket was the key piece I threw on when I was ready to head out for drinks with a friend. I did not want to carry a change of clothes that day, so it sealed the deal by making the look punky for evening, as well as by matching the shoes, belt and bag.
Stay classy! XOXO,