Hi there! I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th holiday. We spent a lot of ours at the pool in bathing suits which got me pining for a beach vacation something fierce. Since we are planning for our wedding at the end of summer, we probably won’t get to a beach anytime soon, unfortunately. Which is fine – I mean, hey, we get to spend a couple weeks in Mexico soon!
But it did get me thinking about bringing a little beach style into my city life. At the very least I can dress the part! And at the very most, I can give you some inspiration for bringing a little breeziness into your summer wardrobe, too.
BEACH STYLE NECESSITIES:
- A simple dress with sneakers. I’m seeing this pairing all over blogs and mags right now, and I love it. Crisp, classic sneakers and a breezy, colorful cotton or linen dress is the ultimate in comfort and cuteness. This look works only if your sneaks are clean. Otherwise, looks sloppy and accidental.
- Bright accessories. A few key pops of color will bring the whole look together. Try some colorful statement earrings to bring out the colors of your dress and a little bag charm to draw attention to your handbag.
- Straw hat and basket bag. These put the summer in your style – no question! Nothing says take me to the beach like a sun hat. And uniquely structured bags made of straw, wood and bamboo match the hat and make the look complete. Fun basket bags are all over the racks and online right now!
- Golden makeup. I am obsessed with golden makeup right now – on my eyes, my cheeks and my lips. I love to create a smokey eye with light golds, bronzes and browns for a subtle day to night look. Clarins is KILLING it with this tropical eyeshadow palette and golden liner this season. Whenever I get a Clarins 4-shadow pack I use the HECK out of it because the shadows are so beautiful. Their liners go on so nicely and they have a little smudger at the opposite end of the pencil to blend it all together. OBSESSED.
- Fun nails. I get gel manicures twice a month and this week I chose a fun pool blue for the warm weather. It’s so fun to look at and screams summertime! Plus – a great mani always makes you look pulled together.
Eyeshadow: Clarins Tropical 4-Shadow Eye Colour Palette (c/o) // Liner: Clarins Waterproof Eye Pencil in Gold (c/o) // Dress: J.Crew Factory Colorful Stripe Shirtdress // Sneakers: Converse // Bag: Cult Gaia Ark in Dark Stain // Accessories: J.Crew Lemon Coin Purse // Earrings: Baublebar Crispin Drops in Red Ombre