Where my busy, power women at? Here! Our time is precious, but we want to look and feel put together each day. Good news – you don’t need a two-hour morning beauty routine to make it happen. Who has time for that? I’d rather be focused on my goals during the day than my appearance.
One of my readers recently asked me what I’d put in a subscription box if I had my own, and these are the items I’d put in the first one! Here it is – the busy woman survival kit with 7 tthing to help you look your best, save time and slay all day.
Busy Woman Survival Kit
- Mini Steamer – Don’t show up wrinkled. A quick pass with this tiny $20 Joy Mangano steamer before you dress will revive your outfit in no time. It fits in a suitcase easily, so it’s perfect for travel, as well. I’ve tried a couple steamers and think this Joy Mangano Mini Steamer is the best one.
- Sweat Guards (Armpit Pads) – Whether you’re a super-sweater (me!) or don’t want deodorant residue on your clothes, nothing saves the day more than adhesive sweat guards. Choose ones that have 3 stripes of adhesive (easy to remove, no sticky residue), rather than an entire adhesive backing (get stuck and can leave clothes sticky). I like these Kleinert’s guards from Amazon.
- Makeup Setting Spray – Set it and forget it. Don’t look like a zombie by 3pm. A good quality makeup setting spray will hold your pretty makeup face in place all day. I’ve tried many, but my absolute favorite is still Urban Decay All Nighter. A cheaper option is this one by Nyx!
- Dry Shampoo – You don’t have time to wash, dry and style your hair every single day. Revive your style, suck up oil and kill odor on Day 2 (and Day 3 even!) with Living Proof’s dry shampoo. Other dry shampoos I like: Dry Bar Triple Sec and Batiste bare (cheaper drugstore option). Spray at the roots around the head, let it sit for a minute, massage into scalp.
- Vitamin C – Inside and Out – Slather this supplement all over your face AND take a dose every morning. You’ll fight off colds better, but more importantly, you’ll glow from within. Vitamin C serum is best in the morning to brighten your complexion throughout the day. For Vitamin C supplement, I prefer this one by Vitamin Code. My favorite low-cost Vitamin C serum is by Andalou and available at Whole Foods for under $25.
- Lip Exfoliator – Sure you love lipstick but if your lips are flaky, you’ll be shedding colorful flecks all over your clothes (and people will notice). This cheap drugstore lip scrub stick by Elf is perfect for semi-weekly use and primes your lips to hold your lipstick on your mouth – where it should be.
- Jade or Quartz Roller – Use this to massage any serum into your face. It helps with lymph drainage (goodbye puffy dark circles) and pushes the nutrients deeper into your skin (hello glowy face). Throw it in the fridge for the ultimate mini spa session right at home. This Miss Pettigrew Unicorn and Mermaid jade & quartz roller set is a steal from Amazon – I love mine!
Now, this may not be the most glamorous of lists out there, but this busy woman survival kit will keep you polished and together so you can focus on what matters during the week. Get it Wonder Women! You’ve got this!