I spend a lot of time talking about drugstore beauty on this blog because I like to help women find affordable options. BUT, there is something to be said for higher quality makeup. In many cases, I will often opt for the Sephora product over the drugstore product. Not always. But enough to be honest with you that I do often prefer the high-end brand. I find they simply have more staying power throughout the day.
Top Sephora Products
So if you’re a wise Sephora-shopper, here is my Elise-recommended list for each makeup category. Don’t waste your time trying others – these are the ones I love and re-up.
- Foundation – IT Cosmetics CC+ Illumination Cream; while I despise their other products, I LOVE this one. Great coverage without being overly foundation-y.
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer; THE BEST in undereye coverage and has a cult following. I wear in Crème Brulee.
- Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. No one has come close to replicating this. Don’t waste your time trying others. Just buy this one.
- Blush – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Partaay; this blush lasts and lasts and provides a sophisticated flush. I wear it in Partaaay.
- Mascara – Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black; doesn’t flake.
- Brows – Lancome Sourcils Styler for gel; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz for pencil; there’s simply no competition. I wear both in Blonde.
- Eyeshadows – Urban Decay; they offer incredible, versatile palettes with a mix of mattes and shimmers, neutrals and bold colors. I’d recommend dropping your cash on one of those, rather than individual shadows because these will give you options for any life situation, work or play. The 24/7 eyeliners last forever too!
- Setting Spray – Urban Decay All Nighter. Another one not to waste time trying dupes. This one lasts ALL FREAKIN’ DAY. Just buy it.
- Everyday Pink: Buxom Full-On Plumping Gloss in Jessica
- Neutral: Fenty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow
- Work-Appropriate Red: NARS Lipstick in Aghan Red
Check out my Dark Lipstick Tutorial post for the best way to apply your lipstick so it lasts, by the way!
Shoot me any questions in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you purchase an item I recommend. Thank you to Laura Mericier, Urban Decay and Buxom for collaborating! Thank you for supporting Belle Meets World!