On this day I had a presentation to give at work, as well as a dinner with new colleagues I’d never met before that evening.
I knew I wanted to make a good impression and appear stylish, but I also didn’t want to distract anyone from my professionalism and intellect. Sometimes you can get a bad rep in the workplace if you are too overdone.
WHAT I WORE:
- Navy and White Body Con Dress: (Calvin Klein)
- Brown Suede Sandal-Booties: (Chinese Laundry)
- Brown Suede Headband: (Banana Republic)
- Taupe Tote: (Philip Lim for Target)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I chose this dress because it is unique. The stand-up collar and color-blocking create a nice lengthening line, and the dark navy framing the white is slimming to the eye.
- I put my hair up to continue that line even farther – I’m short so I like to lengthen as much as I can!
- I chose brown shoes and a brown headband as ‘bookends’, so to speak, to tie it all together, especially because I think brown and navy are a match made in sartorial heaven.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: