I rarely wear pants to work but I have these awesome trousers with a faint pinstripe that every once in a while I try to dress up with a little feminine edge.
WHAT I WORE:
- Black Pinstripe Trousers: (Express, The Editor Pant)
- Pink and White Collared and Pin-striped Oxford Shirt: (J.Crew Haberdashery)
- Black Belt: (My boyfriend’s!)
- Taupe Snakeskin Pumps: (Nine West)
- Large Taupe Tote: (Philip Lim for Target)
- Colored Pearls: (Urban Outfitters)
- Long Pearl Strands: (Vintage)
WHY I WORE IT:
Whenever I put these trousers on, I try to channel Annie Hall’s awesomeness to empower me.
- First, I chose a light pink pinstriped collared shirt with french cuffs to pair with the light pinstripe of the pants because I love stripes on stripes, especially when they are both going in the same vertical direction. This creates an illusion of length.
- Adding a pointy toed pump to the vertical lines really helps draw out the line even further at the bottom while…
- Putting my hair up added length at the top and also started to give me the Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany’s vibe.
- The pearls added a finishing touch of femininity that I believe a pants outfit will always need. Plus, I wanted to play with the pink of the shirt and the nude of the shoes by adding my colorful pearls and bright lipstick as the finishing touches – that’s what finished off the Breakfast at Tiffany’s feel.
- Finally, I chose the taupe tote because it linked to the taupe snakeskin pumps, which also had light enough colors to link to the white cuffs, collar and pinstripes in the rest of the outfit.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: