When I bought this dress, I wasn’t really into patterns yet, but I took a chance because it was on super-sale and is by a designer I really like, BB Dakota.
WHAT I WORE:
- Floral Fit and Flare Party Dress: (BB Dakota)
- Black Wide Double-Strap Belt: (GAP)
- Black Cowboy Boots with Blue Stitiching: (Ariat, gift from my boyfriend!)
- Black Chunky Necklace: (my own)
WHY I WORE IT:
I discovered BB Dakota at one of my favorite Brooklyn boutiques and since then have seen her explode and have her designs available on sites like Gilt and MyHabit. I love that her designs are cute and contemporary and aren’t expensive.
- I chose these cowboy boots to go with this dress because I was heading to an outdoor party in the park, so I knew I could be a little playful with it. Plus, the blue stitching picked up some of the flowers on the dress.
- The black leather of the boots was tied to the black background of the dress, but was also tied together with the black belt and chunky black necklace.
Wearing an outfit like this makes me feel sassy, yet simple and creative, so I walked with a little bounce in my step.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: