I chose to wear boring all black with this jacket because it is anything but boring – it’s a yellow lace brocade, and it deserved all the attention.
WHAT I WORE:
- Yellow Lace Brocade Blazer: (L’Wren Scott for Banana Republic)
- Black Pencil Skirt: (Banana Republic)
- Black Tee: (American Apparel)
- Black Elastic Belt: (American Apparel)
- Black Sandals w Elastic Detail: (super sale shoe liquidator store – brand unknown!)
WHY I WORE IT:
On the hangar it looks quite wacky, but this beautiful blazer is cut very femininely and looks somehow work-appropriate once it’s on; especially against an all-black canvas.
- My hair is blonde, so rather than have competing yellows next to each other, I pulled my locks out of the way to let the collar, structured shoulders and color be highlighted.
- My black belt is elastic, so I chose these black sandals with elastic details that match – sure it’s all black, but it is still important to pay attention to the details!
In all seriousness, this was one of the pieces from the L’Wren Scott for Banana Republic. She created this collection before she passed away, and I’m so glad I was able to own a couple of the pieces she designed. Collaborations between high-end designers and stores like Target and Banana Republic allow those of us without money to have a bit of the designer quality and edge in our closets – while still having dollars left in our wallets.
I NEVER pay full price for anything, but I made an exception for this jacket because I knew it would fly off the racks quickly.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: