It’s in all the magazines and on all the racks. So, I took the leap and tried a jumpsuit – a risky move for a gal with hips!
WHAT I WORE:
- Navy Blue Jumpsuit: (Nordstrom Rack – I’m only willing to pay < $50 for a big trend)
- Silver Belt: (Banana Republic)
- Royal Blue Blazer: (LOFT)
- Blue Floral Sandals: (Steve Madden)
- Silver Satchel: (Botkier)
- Silver and Blue Necklaces
WHY I WORE IT:
- The jumpsuit definitely needed a belt to cinch in my waist, and add a narrow horizontal line, especially given how easily a piece like this can make your bum look big.
- I chose a silver belt because I love the way it pops against navy, and the silver bag matched the belt perfectly.
- Then it was time to start playing with the blues. I tested these blue floral sandals in front of the mirror but didn’t expect them to work. They almost did, but the blues weren’t quite matching until…
- I grabbed this bright blue jacket and it really tied the shoes together with the jumpsuit.
- One optical illusion: I rolled the sleeves up to my waist line to do two things:
- Draw your eye to my waist
- Match the white bits of the shoe print
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: