I saw sleeveless blazers in nearly every magazine this season, so I was inspired to wear my sleeveless trench for casual shopping and brunch days.
WHAT I WORE:
- Olive Drab Sleeveless Trench: (Torn by Ronny Kobo)
- White Tee: (Aeropostale)
- Slim Blue Jeans (Joe’s Jeans)
- Tan Bow Belt: (LOFT)
- Tan Suede Boots: (Kelsi Dagger)
- Tan/White Color-block Pouch: (Jack Germain)
WHY I WORE IT:
I bought this for $50 2 years ago at a designer liquidation shop in Brooklyn – I stalked it for weeks until the price dropped. I knew it was unusual and at first wore it as a dress, but it just wasn’t doing it for me when I looked in the mirror. Going for casual worked way better.
- I chose a white t-shirt and blue jeans as a basic canvas since I wanted the trenchcoat to be the main focal point.
- The tan boots are in the same neutral palette as the olive drab trenchcoat, so I went for those as the shoe choice.
- Then I grabbed this tan bow belt to match the shoes and to add some femininity to an outfit that was shaping up to be pretty masculine.
- The colorblock clutch tied the shoes and belt, as well as the white t-shirt together.
- For the finishing touch, giant bed head. Because….why not?!?!
Lesson learned: If you absolutely love something on the rack – buy it! It’ll come around to trendy sooner or later.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: