Some mornings, I’ll start my day by finding inspiration in the things around and taking a photograph of it. Sometimes it’s flowers or a cool car or a dress I haven’t figured out how to wear yet.
On this morning, it was these two items I found on super sale that ended up being the perfect pair – pink floral shoes and a little pink mini-bag – perfect for a Sunday stroll down Logan Boulevard to brunch.
WHAT I WORE:
- Pink Floral Pumps: (Banana Republic)
- Black and White Striped Shirt: (H&M)
- Favorite Jeans: (Joe’s Jeans)
- Pink Mini-Bag: (Kate Spade)
- Hot Pink Lipstick: (PLA Beauty: Jumbo Color Stick in Cordial)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I love mixing prints and stripes as long as there is a common color palette.
- Since the pink in the shoes was balanced by the pink of the bag, I then sought a print that would balance the black in the shoes, as well. This black and white boatneck top is from H&M, but it’s one of the pieces I wear the most!
- Add some jeans to this look and it lent some edge to these uber-feminine accessories.
- I put my hair in a frizzy pony tail to add to the playful vibe of the outfit and opted for simple earrings since I wanted the attention on the other elements of the look.
- P.s. I ditched the yellow necklace that was in the photo. It made the outfit lean too far towards the 80s.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: