This is my all-time favorite dress. It is the simplest piece I own but it has quickly become my go-to outfit when I’m pinched for time or ideas.
WHAT I WORE:
- Gray-Brown Fish-Tail Knit Dress: (Meg, bought at Crossroads Trading Co. $30)
- Black Leather Jacket: (Bought at Crossroads Trading Co. $30)
- Colorblock, Gray-Brown/Black Booties: (Calvin Klein, bought on MyHabit)
- Spiked Necklace, Gold Bangles, Gold Disk Ring
- High-Wasted Shapewear (underneath): (Spanx)
- White Eyeliner: (Kryolan Kajal Pencil)
- Nude Lipgloss: (PLA Beauty, In the Nude)
WHY I WORE IT:
On this night we were going to see Eddie Izzard at the Chicago Theater. I had never been there, and I’d never seen Eddie, so I wanted to arrive as my best self!
- I chose the dress because the color is neutral yet intriguing – it’s not quite gray and not quite brown. It can also be dressed up or dressed down – I’ve worn it to weddings and concerts – and it doesn’t draw too much attention. At the same time, the gorgeous back detailing is both sexy and whimsical.
- Though the high-front, low-back trend is waning, there is something about this particular design that is timeless to me, so I’ll never feel that it is out of style.
- I chose the booties because the front panel matched the dress perfectly, while the black back panel matched the black of my leather jacket.
- I chose this necklace to emphasize the punky, casual look I was going for.
- For makeup, I wanted a very wide-eyed and fresh-faced look because I didn’t want to look over-dressed for a casual comedy show. Did you know a white/cream eyeliner on your lower water-line will make your eyes appear larger!?
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: