This red scarf and red shoe pairing is one of my favorites – surprisingly versatile for a work-day outfit or a weekend look!
WHAT I WORE:
- Red Scarf: (Vintage)
- Cream Top: (LOFT)
- Brown Wide Belt: (Club Monaco)
- Navy Sheen Skirt: (Banana Republic)
- Taupe Tote: (Philip Lim for Target)
- Khaki Trench Coat: (Kenneth Cole via MyHabit)
- Navy Ruffle Top (outfit 2): (LOFT)
- Blue Jeans (outfit 2): (Joe’s Jeans)
- Red Suede Wedge Sandals: (Boutique 9 by Nine West)
WHY I WORE IT:
- In both looks I paired the scarf and the wedges together to create ‘bookends’ for both outfits – a top and bottom element to signal a start and finish to the look.
- Navy and red is one of my favorite color combinations, so the jeans and the navy ruffle top, as well as the navy skirt were immediate choices to build the outfit.
- For outfit 1, the navy-sheened skirt and cream top created a neutral canvas for the bright red pieces, and they also matched the cream and navy print that is part of the scarf.
- For the accessory elements, I prefer brown and tan with a navy/red combination, so I went straight for a brown belt, bag and tan trench (w a matching red lining!) to tie the weave on the wedge, and the straw color of my hair together.
- I tied the scarf around my neck and flipped my hair out to create a different kind of retro vibe for the corporate look.
- For outfit 2, I was on a weekend trip, so I wanted to feel stylish yet comfortable in jeans and a cotton top. Plus, a monochrome outfit helped to slim my silhouette.
- I was also on going on a long drive that day, so tying the scarf in my hair made me feel like an old movie star!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: