I found this young designer at the Chicago Sidewalk Sale and was blown away by the quality and cut. The Kelly King Collective has serious talent – check this site out now!
WHAT I WORE:
- Black and White Striped Skirt: (Kelly King Collective)
- Black Vest: (Target)
- Black Wide Belt: (Gap)
- Black and Silver Sandals: (Vince, purchased at Gilt Warehouse Sale)
- Black and Silver Crystal Stud and Leather Bracelet: (Swarovski)
- Silver Cuff and Black Chain Bracelet: (my own)
- Black Leather Handbag with Silver Studs: (Karen Millen)
- Hot Pink Lipstick: (MAC Girl About Town Amplified Lipstick, MAC Magenta Lip Pencil)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I wanted all eyes on this skirt, so I chose black/silver pieces and accessories so that the color palette was simple and complementary to the skirt.
- This black vest is from Target of all places! I love the geometric shape and it added the right level of edge to the look. Plus, the sharp lines also mimicked the horizontal lines of the skirt.
- There was a risk that the vest and the skirt could’ve made me look wide since the vest had an A-line and the skirt was flared with horizontal stripes. To mitigate this, I grabbed the wide black belt to show my waist off and to draw your eyes to my narrowest parts.
- As for accessories, the pyramid studs on my bracelet matched the studs on my handbag perfectly, so that was an easy choice!
- The silver hardware on the bag also linked back to the silver of the vest zipper, belt buckle and straps of my sandals.
- The only thing missing was a pop of color…enter the hot-pink lipstick!
ongratulations to The Kelly King Collective! What a great product – I will definitely save my pennies to keep building my collection.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: