These shoes were a gift from my boyfriend and I wanted to show them off on my first day wearing them out. An all-black ensemble became the perfect way to do that – with some ruffles and sparkles, of course!
WHAT I WORE:
- Black Crepe Ruffle-Winged Top: (Brand unknown, purchased at Crossroads Trafing Co.)
- Black Elastic Wide Belt: (American Apparel)
- Black Ruffled Skirt: (Banana Republic)
- Black Sandals: (Gianni Bini, purchased at discount shoe store)
- Jeweled Bib Necklace: (J. Crew)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I really wanted these shoes to pop, but since they are black I knew they could easily blend in with a busy outfit.
- At the same time, they are pretty sexy (which I love). Going for a simple monochrome outfit was the best way to draw the right amount of attention and to keep them work appropriate.
- The ruffles on the shirt wings matched the ruffle on the hem of the skirt, and they also made the outfit playful, flirty, and feminine.
- Fortunately, black is already very slimming on its own, but I added the black belt to draw the eye to my narrowest parts – especially since the shirt is cut a little wide to begin with and the ruffles added extra width at the shoulders and at the knees.
- Finally, and to set the whole look off, I chose this bright sparkly necklace I got on super-sale at J.Crew. It is such a statement piece that I really have only been comfortable wearing it with a solid color like this all-black outfit or a bright white top to draw attention to it, rather than having it compete with anything else.
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: