Today I’m experimenting with a casual vibe and am wearing (gasp!) sneakers! I only wear heels because i’m insecure about my large calves, but I’m heading to brunch, the farmer’s market and a mini-golf outing for my birthday, so today’s look requires comfy pieces that also make me feel stylish and feminine. So I went for it!
WHAT I WORE:
- Navy and White Striped Denim Crop Top: (Top Shop, purchased at Wasteland)
- Blue Windbreaker Pencil Skirt: (Banana Republic)
- Navy and White Checkered Sneakers: (Converse)
- Navy Wide Belt: (Alice & Olivia, purchased at Crossroads Trading Co.)
- Navy and Silver Earrings: (Crossroads Trading Co.)
- Silver Cuff: (Potluck Paris)
- Silver and Red Crystal Heart Ring: (Swarovski)
- Gray Bucket Bag: (Jack Germain)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I paired the navy and white striped top with the navy and white checkered shoes because I love mixing patterns when they are in the same color palette (I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again!)
- Since I don’t love my stomach, but I do love the crop top trend, I chose a high-waisted pencil skirt to pair with the short shirt. It added visual length – especially needed with such a boxy top – and provided coverage on one of my least favorite body parts.
- The blue of the skirt was an obvious choice to match the navy of the top and the shoes, and the blue belt is not super visible but I chose it to add just a little bit of polish to the outfit.
- I don’t always wear large earrings, but I chose them today because they went with the color palette and also added to the playful nature of the look.
- The silver cuff was my birthday gift from my #bestboyfriendever (he insisted I give him a shout out!) and went with the silver beads on the earrings.
- And finally, red lipstick and the red ring added the finishing touches.
Belt and earring close-up photo credit: Joni Kat Anderson
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: