It’s the Pantone color of the year, y’all! Jump in your closet and see what you’ve got that’s purple because it’s a great spring and summer color. I can’t get enough.
WHAT I WORE:
- Purple Plaid Silk Halter Top: (Ecko Red Sample, purchased at Beacon’s Closet)
- Black Cotton Shorts: (LOFT)
- Black Men’s Belt: (J.Crew, my boyfriend’s)
- Purple Clogs: (Faryl Robin, purchased on Gilt)
- Purple Tiered Silk Top: (Central Park West, purchased at Crossroads Trading Co)
- Dark Purple Tank: (American Apparel)
- Dark Skinny Jeans: (Levi’s)
- Cream Block-Heeled Sandals: (Kelsi Dagger, purchased on Gilt)
- Pearl Necklaces: (my own)
WHY I WORE IT:
I will say, with a color this unique and well….purple, I wouldn’t go out and buy tons of pieces in it (maybe just one if I loved it and it was a bargain). I’m only wearing it a lot because I owned these pieces already, and it was just my luck that they were on trend!
- For the first outfit, I chose this plaid halter because my boyfriend and I were heading on a weekend getaway in the country to a bed and breakfast – I wanted to look ready for a picnic!
- I paired the tank with the clogs because the two purples were a perfect match – I was shocked! I’d bought them independently and I never planned to pair them together but as I was getting dressed, I had the Eureka moment to grab the shoes and test it. Voila!
- Black shorts and a black belt made sense because I just wanted a neutral canvas to offset the purples.
- For the second outfit, I chose the bright purple top for a day of errand running on the weekend.
- The top is a bit big, so it needs something under it to make me feel comfortable wearing it. I tried the dark purple tank top underneath because the purples were in the same hue – just a few shades apart from each other.
- I paired the top with tight, dark jeans because I couldn’t figure out what else to put with them! Once I put them on, I knew it could work if I picked the right shoes and accessories.
- I paired the top with tight, dark jeans because I couldn’t figure out what else to put with them, but since it is tunic length and wouldn’t show too much thigh, tight pants made sense once I tried them on. As long as I chose the right shoes and accessories, it would work.
- The cream shoes made sense only because I chose the pearls to match.
- Big hair was a must – but only because my boyfriend likes it!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: