I’ve never worn a full-on pink dress, but when I found this on the sale rack for $14 at Banana Republic, I had to take a fashion risk and give it a try.
WHAT I WORE:
- Pink Sheath Dress with Lace Overlay Bodice: (Banana Republic)
- Black Wide Belt: (GAP)
- Black and Silver Chunky-Heeled Sandals: (Vince, purchased at Gilt Warehouse Sale)
- Pink Rhinestone Stud Earrings: (my own)
WHY I WORE IT:
- I decided from the outset to keep the outfit very simple given how PINK the dress is!
- I also felt that the only way to pull something off that is this feminine is to pit it against a little something punky – like the big black leather belt and the chunky-heeled black sandals.
- I wanted the main focus to be the femininity though, so I also put my hair up Audrey Hepburn style and added the matching pink stud earrings and lip gloss.
Turns out, it wasn’t as scary to wear so much pink. In fact, I kind of liked it. Stay tuned for the subsequent Parts 2 and 3!
HOW TO WEAR IT YOURSELF: